Fewer drivers stayling loyal to garages

Word-of-mouth proves popular when shopping around

Published:  10 April, 2015

A survey by Whocanfixmycar.com has revealed that fewer than one in three drivers plan to return to the place of their previous service.

Just 28% of those surveyed revealed that they would go back to the same garage as before, with the remaining 72% planning to shop around. Surprisingly, word-of-mouth came highest of the referral methods with 33% suggesting they would ask family or friends about any reputable garages. A further 15% said they'd search online for good reviews while only 13% said they would use the internet to identify a workshop with the lowest prices.

Alex Rose, Marketing Director at the comparison website believes the reasons behind the lack of loyalty is that drivers already shop around in other aspects of their lives. He comments: "The simple truth is there has been an ever-increasing trend to move towards comparison, or 'aggregation' websites to help make smarter shopping decisions. It was really in the 2008-2009 recession that 'smarter shopping' really became not just an established but an expected, behaviour. In the past few years this sort of activity has given rise to a host of comparison sites."

Related Articles

  • Boston offer to flooded garages 

    With the recent flooding causing thousands of pounds of damage to a number of garages in the UK, the cost of refitting could be expensive.

  • DfT rules on Klarius 

    The Department for Transport has ruled on its investigation into allegations of Malpractice by exhaust manufacturer Klarius.

  • Automechanika Birmingham grows further 

    The first Automechanika to be held in the UK has already seen over 400 exhibitors sign up, making it the biggest launch outside of Frankfurt.

  • RMI to open new MOT training centre 

    The RMI is to open a new training centre next spring to act as a leading industry resource for MOT tester training.

  • DPF removal still a big problem 

    Despite a government crackdown last year, a large number of garages are still offering DPF removal, according to a new report by the Independent on Sunday.


Search

Sign Up

For the latest news and updates from Aftermarket Magazine.


Poll

Where should the next Automechanika show be held?



Calendar

Click here to submit an event

Facebook


©DFA Media 1999-2016

Mentés